Skip to main content

3 killed in fiery Anaheim car wreck - NewsBreak

Three men were killed in a fiery car wreck in a residential Anaheim neighborhood early Monday morning which split a car in half. The single-car crash occurred at the intersection of Harbor Boulevard and La Palma Avenue just before 2 a.m. The Mercedes sedan was speeding down Harbor when the driver lost control and the car slammed into a brick wall and sheared a hydrant, Anaheim police Sgt. Jacob Gallacher told CBSLA. Three men in their 20s died at the scene. They were not immediately identified.A police cruiser was in the area and its officers witnessed the car speeding by, Gallacher said. The officers rushed to the crash scene, pulled one of the victims out of the car and attempted CPR on him, but he died. The car was burned up and split in half, and the impact was so strong that pieces of the car were strewn on the street and in the front yards of nearby homes, dozens of feet apart. It's unclear if drugs or alcohol played a factor in the wreck. The cause is under investigation.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 person injured after an auto-pedestrian collision in Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV)

One person suffered injuries after getting struck by a vehicle in Las Vegas. As per the initial information, the auto-pedestrian crash took place on the east side of the valley, at Warm Springs and Burnham a little before 2:30 p.m. The early reports showed that a vehicle hit a pedestrian for reasons that are yet to be known. On arrival, emergency personnel rushed the injured victim to UMC Trauma with non-life-threatening injuries. According to the officials, the incident is being investigated as intentional. The identity of the injured pedestrian has not been revealed at this time. No additional information has been provided by the authorities. An investigation into the crash is ongoing. April 28, 2022 Source: 8 News Now The post 1 person injured after an auto-pedestrian collision in Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) appeared first on Nationwide Report .

Ex-Coronado Resident Gets Tentative 3-Month Sentence for Capitol Breach

A former Coronado resident was tentatively sentenced Monday to three months in prison for taking part in the breach of the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6, 2021. A federal judge deferred the sentence until March 15, at which point Jeffrey Alexander Smith , 34, could receive custody, to be followed by two years of probation, with 200 hours of community service. The sentence was deferred until the court could resolve a legal issue of whether Smith can face both custody and probation. Smith pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor count of parading, demonstrating and picketing in a capitol building for taking part in the siege. Prosecutors were seeking five months imprisonment, while Smith’s attorneys requested probation and community service. According to the prosecution’s sentencing memorandum, Smith and others moved iron benches that were placed in front of closed doors in the Capitol building. On the other side of the doors were a “mob of rioters” whom Smith was trying to let in, ...

Hearings for leadership in fatal AAV sinking wrap up at Camp Pendleton

After two investigations and months devising new rules and procedures to prevent another deadly training accident with its amphibious forces, the Marine Corps is now deciding whether six men in various command roles should keep their military careers. The men each made decisions in the training and preparations for a 2020 deployment, including the planning and carrying out of a raid by a platoon of amphibious assault vehicles onto San Clemente Island. During the trip back to an awaiting Navy ship, one of the AAVs sank, killing eight Marines and a naval corpsman – the deadliest amphibious training accident in the service branch’s history. Convened in a spare courtroom-like facility at Camp Pendleton – troops training near could be heard – Marine Corps lawyers made a case for why the men should be demoted or even removed from the military – these hearings are only about positions in the Corps, none of the Marines are facing charges. One board was held back east at Marine Corps Base Qua...